Who doesn’t love Amazon Prime? Not only is it super convenient, affordable and offers free shipping, I especially love that I can order just one thing without having to run to Target several times a month. I’ve got nothing against Target; in fact I love it just a little too much and can’t seem to walk out of there with just the one bottle of shampoo that I needed.
I especially love that Prime Day falls either on or somewhat near my birthday every year. Last year it fell on my birthday, which seemed like the perfect excuse to do a little shopping! This year Prime Day falls on July 16th. And for those of you who don’t know what Prime Day is its basically Amazon’s Black Friday or Cyber Monday, so that basically makes it Christmas in July!
We’ve been receiving Amazon boxes frequently with the anticipation of our little one coming 8/8/18 (lucky due date, right?) and we did our baby registry on Amazon. I promise that Amazon is not paying me to write any of this – I just get so excited about convenience and freebies. Get this: They sent me a free pregnancy box (this included a swaddle and onesie along with other great goodies) when I made a registry with them and completed their checklist. And they literally gave us $100 towards eligible items in their registry with an added 15% completion discount! Thank you, Amazon!!
I promise that I’m not trying to promote any sort of shopping addiction. We all know that “things” can never satisfy in the way our sweet Lord Jesus can, but from one gal to another, I’m simply trying to make your life easier by letting you know about a few of my favorite purchases, including some gifts that were generously gifted to us for our little one.
A few items on this list are just products I’ve got my eye on but haven’t quite hit “place your order”. (Who can relate to having items in your cart for a ridiculously long time before purchasing?) I literally looked at my baby registry and my past orders to bring you this post. I hope you find it helpful or even just entertaining!
- I've been wanting to get one of these boards to write inspirational quotes or scripture. If you’re like me and have bad handwriting this is an easy way to have an attractive way to display encouraging phrases in your home.
- I use these cards mostly for writing down ingredients for recipes which makes my time doing weekly meal planning so much smoother but I also use them for scripture memorization too.
- I use this notebook when I make my grocery list for the week.
- Love this cookbook! The banana pudding was so good!
- I bought one of these so I didn’t keep having to buy it at the store and throw away the empty bottle.
Pregnancy, Baby, & Breastfeeding
- We recommended this book to our participants when I was working for the WIC program; it’s a great resource for breastfeeding!
- This nursing bra has over 3 thousand reviews! It has to be good then, right?
- Love these candies! Good for morning sickness/nausea too! I plan to have them in my hospital bag.
- I’ve recently been having trouble sleeping but diffusing lavender essential oil with this diffuser and using this pillow has made it significantly better!
- A friend got me this book and I cried when I read it and can’t wait to read it to my little one.
- This is a great children’s book on diversity
- Don't don’t miss this children’s book by our very own BodyBLoved team member, Dr. Amy Ozier and her husband, that will help your child learn how to walk by faith.
- I’ve been told that this and this are must have for baby sleeping solutions.
I have these books on hand as a resource for my nutrition counseling practice.
- Beyond the Shadow of a Diet
- Motivational Interviewing in Nutrition and Fitness (co-authored by one of our BodyBLoved team members, Dr. Dawn Clifford)
- Nutrition Counseling in the Treatment of Eating Disorders
- The Eating Disorders Clinical Pocket Guide
- I keep these around for the occasions I need them so I don’t have to run to the store and spend almost 5 dollars on a greeting card! Let’s be real, cards are SO overpriced! I usually buy my greeting cards at Trader Joes (they are only $1) but I have these on hand in case I need them.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links, which means that we may earn a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. When you make a purchase, the price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support Body BLoved, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Body positive blogs are inspiring, but sometimes it might not be enough. We get that! You might want something more. An expert to walk along side you in your journey towards body respect and food peace. We've got you covered. Sign up for a free "pre-consultation" to see if working with one of our registered dietitians doing faith-based nutrition counseling is right for you.
Nicole resides in the East Bay Area where she works as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She and her beloved husband serve as small group leaders in their growing young adult ministry. She completed both her bachelors degree and her dietetic internship at California State University, Chico, where she was also a NCAA cross country and track athlete. Through those experiences, God prompted her to help people of all shapes and sizes discover body peace and acceptance through the unconditional love of Jesus. Nicole most enjoys spending time around a table and cooking for the people she loves.